TITLE: MONDAY
Hello again!
As I mentioned earlier, Sunday was a nice quiet day. We went out for lunch at a place called the Melting Pot. I had a local Ethiopian dish with fish and spices that was actually very good. They eat with a bread called ingera here which has a strange texture and basically no taste because it absorbs the taste of your food. Then we drove around for a bit and went sightseeing. We came back to the hotel and did pharmacy inventory. We then went to a local grocery shop to pick up peanut butter and jelly and bread for Monday. For dinner, we were invited to a local woman’s home. Her and her husband are both affluent local businessmen and supporters of the Mercy Centers for Children (the group where we hold our clinics). It was interesting to see how the local businessmen live. The home was nice and the food was traditional Ethiopian.
Monday (yesterday) was another busy clinic. We were too busy to finalize the count so I don’t know how many patients we saw but we set up at a church about 30 minutes on the outskirts of Addis in a very poor area. The kids were very sick. We took supplies for a quick lunch and worked until 5pm. We packed up and then stopped for dinner on the way back to the hotel. This time we went to a place called Blue Drop. Since Ethiopia was colonized by the Italians, there is a lot of pasta. So, dinner was a bowl of pasta and vegetables.
Today, we are going to meet the President and then maybe some shopping at the local Mercado. Our last clinic will be tomorrow and then we begin our travels home on Thursday.
I am still doing well. It is amazing how much I miss the little things, like a plate of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Love, Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment